JOB SUMMARY: Assists with the preventative and general maintenance of the facility, including the building, equipment and the grounds.
1. High School education.
2. Ability to learn, understand and work with applicable regulations.
3. Previous maintenance and floor care experience preferred.
4. Ability to work with little or no supervision.
JOB ANALYSIS (FUNCTIONS):
1. Performs routine building maintenance in a safe manner.
2. Maintains and repairs equipment and building systems, electrical, plumbing, painting etc.
3. Groundskeeping work, including mowing and watering lawns, pruning trees, trimming hedges, plowing snow, keeping flower beds clean and picking up outside trash.
4. Trouble shoots facility malfunctions and failures and helps to make necessary repairs.
5. Performs the preventative maintenance service for equipment on a regular basis and retains service records.
6. Assists in room moves.
7. Assists housekeeping with floors,
8. Provides "on-call" service to the facility as needed.
9. Accepts responsibility in the absence of the Director of Maintenance.
10. Mixes chemicals safely and properly and understands Manufacturer's Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
11. Works with outside vendors for service work on the plant and equipment.
12. Removes infectious waste from the facility as directed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
14. Responsible for knowing and doing what is right and reporting any legal, ethical or safety concerns to the appropriate party.