Serves residents in the dining rooms. Provides for the washing and sanitizing of dishes. Performs cleaning assignments.
- 1. Able to read and comprehend written menus and instructions.
- 2. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- 3. Able to follow directions.
- 4. Able to function as a team member.
- 5. Complete duties in a timely fashion.
- 1. Ability to work on one's feet for a full shift.
- 2. Able to lift moderate weights of 40-50 pounds.
- 3. Ability to tolerate up and down movement, reaching above and below shoulder height.
REPORTS TO: Dietary Director/Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Assist in accurate dining room responsibilities.
- 2. Deliver correct food items to residents.
- 3. Utilize extended menus and diet cards.
- 4. Provide courteous, prompt service to residents.
- 5. Properly dispose of refuse.
- 6. Properly wash and sanitize all dishes, utensils and equipment, and put away in proper place.
- 7. Perform cleaning assignments in a timely, efficient manner.
- 8. Utilize cleaning equipment in a safe manner.
- 9. Follow departmental procedures including sanitation, safety and schedules.
- 10. Completes intake assessments in an accurate manner.
- 1. Adhere to federal and state regulations governing long-term care.
- 2. Maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance and adhere to the dress code of the position.
- 3. Must be knowledgeable of ministry fire and safety procedures.
- 4. Attend all mandatory inservices.
Must be willing to accept, adhere to, and promote the Ethical and Religious Directives of Catholic Health Facilities. Identifies with, shares in, and exhibits a commitment to our Mission, Vision, Values, Diversity Philosophy, and Standards of Behavior.
Will comply with all aspects of our Corporate Responsibility Plan to include the immediate reporting of any known or suspected illegal or unethical behaviors, criminal conduct or patient/employee safety or confidentiality violations or issues.
This position is a Category II position. Tasks typically involve no exposure to blood or body fluids or substances, but may require unplanned Category I tasks. Personal protective equipment is available in the dining room. Gloves should be worn when handling dirty tableware.
Typical of institutional kitchens (i.e. hot cooking surfaces, sharp objects, electrical equipment, wet floors, chemical cleaning supplies).
This description is intended to be a general statement about this job and not to be considered a detailed assignment. It may be modified by Presence McAuley Manor to adjust for necessary changes.
I understand the above are job requirements. At this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these duties or responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these duties.
I have read the job description for this position and understand that it will be a basis for evaluating my job performance.